Monday 2 March 2015

the vulnerable ones....



Quoting Marilyn Monroe – I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.”

Yeah I know not a good example to quote in a piece about woman strength. I mean she killed herself with depression at just 36. But I cannot help myself and think about her words.
Every quote she has written talk about her need for love and friendship. Everybody deserves love, being a male or female. But there is a big problem with us females. We do not understand the thin line between need for love and vulnerability.

From our childhood we are taken care of, first by fathers, then fathers and brothers, then fathers, brothers and husbands. I think this develops in us a constant urge to have someone nod on every decision, every move, every road we take. It takes a lot many years for us to finally come out of this bubble, may be when we are somewhere sitting with some grandchildren, Why?? Because hell yeah I have achieved something (rolling eyes).

As Monroe rightly points out, we all have our best and worst sides. We just need to be proud of them. Where men have this habit of disguising their worst in anger or silence, we the so called poor souls carry it around gaining sympathy and seeking help. Irrespective of our mother planet (as it is said men from Mars, women from Venus), we are all made of fear of loneliness, fear of negligence, fear of instability, but somehow it affects us more, because we seek the answers and solace outside rather than within us.

I have been always proud of being a woman, even after writing this article, because it makes me feel powerful in a very different way. We have the power to make this world move or put it to stagnation. We have the power to make it look beautiful and loving or send it to the depths of dullness. We have the power to make it worth living. And I am telling you such power and this vulnerability just does not go along. Damn, it makes us look confused.

One good thing though, there are so many examples to look forward to. The shining stars of our race, have been there, done that and most importantly amazed the world. I salute every woman who has the strength to walk alone, who understands the place of love and confidence in her life, who knows that she can make mistakes and learn from them on her own. I salute them and I follow them. Because vulnerability is not always the weakness, it is also the birthplace of innovation and change.





No comments:

Post a Comment